Language of Assessment: Terms M - Q
- Literally, one thousandth. For tax purposes: $1 of taxes for every $1000 of assessed value.
NOV (Notice of Value)
- Also referred to as assessment schedule or Notice of Assessment
- The Parcel Number or Local Number is the same as the Tax ID Number assigned by the Assessor’s Office. It is shown on your tax bill and used by the Treasurer’s Office in identifying your tax payment for that particular parcel. The first two digits of this nine-digit number reference the tax district where the parcel is located. Each parcel has three different numbers associated with it: Account Number, Tax ID / Parcel Number, and GEO Number / PIDN
- Every kind of property that is not real property; it is moveable without damage to itself or the real estate; and subdivided into tangible and intangible property.
- PIDN stands for Parcel Identification Number. This 14-digit number is also called a Geo Number because it is based on Township and Range. The first two digits reference the Township and the next two digits reference the Range. Each parcel has three different numbers associated with it: Account Number, Tax ID / Parcel Number, and GEO Number / PIDN
Property Record Card
- An assessment document with blanks for the insertion of data for property identification and description, for value estimation, and for property owner satisfaction.
Quit Claim Deed
- A form of conveyance in which any interest the grantor possesses in the property described in the deed is conveyed to the grantee without warranty of title. The Clerk's Office has a public records search
for information in Sublette County since August 10, 2007.