Passports are currently taking approximately four weeks to process. Please apply early for your passport.

Renewal, Additional Visa pages and Name Change forms available in the Clerk of District Court's office.

Passport Requirements

The Clerk of District Court is a passport acceptance facility. To apply for a passport, you will need the following:

  • Passport Application: You can obtain an application either from this office, or you can download a form and obtain information from the U.S. Department of State.

First Time Application First Time Applicants

Renewal Application Renewing a Passport

  • Proof of Citizenship: The proof of citizenship (birth certificate, certificate of naturalization, or old passport) will be mailed to the Passport Agency with your passport application and returned with your passport. You will need to present one of these documents:
    • A certified copy of your birth certificate, issued by the Department of Vital Records
    • A previous passport
    • An original Certificate of Naturalization
  • One Passport Photo: It must be 2" x 2", full face with a white background.

Passport Photos

  • Government-Issued Identification: A Driver's license or other approved government-issued identification.

Passport IDs

  • Application Fee: Please provide two checks or money orders for payments to the Department of State and the Clerk of District Court.
  • Ages 16 and older: $110 to Department of State and $25 to Clerk of District Court = $135
  • Ages 16 and under: $80 to Department of State and $25 to Clerk of District Court = $105
  • Expedited services are also available for additional fees.

Passport Fees

Passport Requirements for Minors under the age of 16

If you are applying for a passport for a child under the age of 16, both parents must appear with the child to sign the passport application and provide identification. There are also authorization forms available at the U.S. Department of State website if one of the parents is unable to appear. Please call the Clerk of District Court Office at (307) 367-4376 for situations such as sole custody.

Minors Passports